Saint-Gobain Glass showcases the brightest architectural talent in the country .
‘Transparence’, Saint-Gobain Glass India’s annual design competition for students of architecture and design, provides the budding architects a priceless opportunity to demonstrate their potential in architectural design and creativity. The regional rounds which concluded recently, received an overwhelming 1200+ Registrations and 250+ submissions. The topic was ‘Housing for the Future’ whereby students were asked to design an aesthetic & energy saving for a live housing complex.
Over 25 colleges across India have considered Transparence as their Studio Project and are entitled to a Library Contribution of INR 25000 from Saint-Gobain Glass. This year’s edition also saw the launch of The Saint-Gobain Scholarships in association with ETHOS . 6 deserving students get to walk away with scholarships of INR 1,00,000 each, after a national level screening programme.
The Grand Finale is to held in Feb 2012 and eminent architects and designers will pick the best of the designs from the four regional finalists.
Transparence 2011- Regional round winners
- Neelanjana Nag., Ritwik Mathur and Shailja Bisht - MNIT,Jaipur
- Arav Kumar, Neel Kaul and Monisha Nasa - Sushant School of Architecture,Gurgaon
- Ar.Sourav Chaterjee from Skyline
- Siddhi D.Desai, Jay P.Kapadia and Siddhant Shah - NMIMS,Mumbai
- Alisha Nisar, Samil Doshi and Harsh Patel - MSU,Baroda
- Shajil V.P. and Dhanya I - BMS,Bangalore
- Shalini M.O - BMS,Bangalore
- Praveen Das, Sonal Bhadauria and Kapil Mangtani - IIT-Kgp
- Priyadarshika Das from PMCA Cuttack with Joy Mondal and Avishek Das from Jadapur University Kolkata