By using our web page, you agree to the collection and use of information by the Saint-Gobain India Pvt. Ltd. (hereinafter “SGIPL”) in accordance with this policy.
A. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This document aims to help you understand how the SGIPL collects, stores, uses and discloses your personal information (hereafter “Data”) for providing services to you and the rights you have associated with such Data. It also covers the treatment of personally identifiable information collected when you are on this site, through intranet or any of the other Saint-Gobain Group websites, or when you use or avail SGIPL's products and services.
SGIPL is a part of the Saint-Gobain Group operating within the jurisdiction of India. By way of this Policy, we aim to reserve the right to use stored Data to provide you with and improve upon their respective services. Whenever dealing with one of our group companies, the controller of your Data will be the group company as per their individual policies stated in their respective website. This policy only applies to SGIPL and does not apply to the practices of companies that Saint-Gobain does not own or control, or to people that Saint-Gobain does not employ or manage. Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless mentioned otherwise, this refers to SGIPL that is the controller of your Data.
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
For the purpose of providing you with efficient service, we may collect your sensitive information that is absolutely needed, from these sources:
· Our website: We may collect information that you enter on our websites, transactions you may carry through our websites and the resources you access on the web page.
· Our mobile applications: Any information that you may feed on our smart-phone applications.
· Email/SMS Subscription: All information you may feed to receive our newsletters or updates may be stored with us.
· Correspondence: We may store all information you provide to us by way of any correspondence you may have with our marketing representatives, associates, employees, consultants, sales affiliates, distributors, agents, etc.
· Interaction with third-party websites: Information that we may receive when you interact with our advertisements or references on a third-party website may automatically be stored with us.
· Other sources: Any information we receive from sources other than or related to our business, such as public information from third-party social networks, market research, etc. may be collected. We may also store technical information, automatically collected, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
C. STORAGE OF DATA
All Data collected is securely stored either in our databases or in the databases of our service providers protected by reasonable technical, organizational measures and controls in accordance with our guidelines to tackle the risk of cyber security. We ensure that your Data is encrypted in accordance with our security policy to facilitate a safe treatment and transfer of your Data to our service providers or another organization, as and when required.
We will use your data for as long as necessary to satisfy the purposes for which your Data was collected. We do not store your Data for duration longer than necessary.
D. USAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA COLLECTED
We process all Data relating to your identity or that helps establish your identity lawfully, fairly and transparently for our legitimate interests based on your association with us. We may use your Data for the following purposes, viz. -
· for the purpose of internal administration and marketing purposes;
· managing our customer/prospect relations when processing your orders, responding to your requests;
· regularly sending you news and information about Saint-Gobain, our brands or our initiatives that might arouse your interest;
· for meaningful exchange of Data with administrators of group websites’ users;
· to fulfill your requests for certain products, partners and services or on special offers about the same;
· identifying you under legal circumstances or for verifying the accuracy of your Data;
· in aggregate form for demographic characterizations and internal marketing surveys;
· for facilitation of performance or performance of a contract we have with you;
· for generating data analytics to improve our web user experience, services and quality of communication with you; and
· for any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information.
Notwithstanding what is contained herein, SGIPL reserves its right to send your Data to other companies or people when: (i) we have your consent to share the information; (ii) we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; (iii) we need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of SGIPL to provide a product or service to you; (iv) we respond to court orders or legal process; (v) we need to protect and defend the rights or property of SGIPL or enforce any terms and conditions for use and transactions on this website; or (vi) we find that your actions on our web sites violate any of our web usage guidelines.
E. YOUR RIGHTS
Cookies are information stored automatically on your computer. When you view our website, we may store some information on your system in the form of a “cookie” (including Google Analytics cookies) to automatically recognize you when you visit our website again. Cookies help us in many ways, for example, by allowing us to tailor a web page to better match your interests and preferences.
In case you do not wish to receive cookies, you may do so my modifying your browser preferences.
To know more about cookies, please visit our Cookies section.
G. CONTACT US
Please feel free contact us regarding your privacy to our Data Protection Officer by way of the information provided below:
Sridhar P L
Data Protection Officer
Saint-Gobain India Pvt. Ltd. – Glass Business
This policy was revised on 13th February 2019.