Easy ways to install mirrors
June 05, 2020
Last updated on May 29, 2023
Looking to install mirrors instantly? Then look no further than Saint-Gobain Glassmate Double Sided Tape!
With a thickness of 1.5 mm, width 24 mm and length 5m, the SGG Glassmate Double Sided Adhesive Tape is distinct for its Instant Fixing | High Durability | UV Resistance | High Bond Strength | High Peel Strength | Green Features
- Lacquered Glass
- Toughened Glass
- MDF Board
How to use
- Using a smooth cloth (lint-free), wipe the surfaces (plywood and the paint side of the glass) to remove dust and contamination.
- With an equal mix of IPA (Iso-phrophyl Alcohol) and water, clean the surface of glass and substrate thoroughly.
- With SGG GLASSMATE Primer, wipe the surface of glass and substrate thoroughly. Allow it to dry for 2 minutes.
- Follow it up by applying SGG GLASSMATE Tape on the paint side of the glass with the blue liner facing up. Apply uniform pressure.
- From the edge, peel and bend 2” of liner.
- Once the liner has been completely removed, the glass is ready for installation.
- Align the edges and stick liner to the substrate (plywood).
- Applying uniform pressure, hold for 10 minutes on the glass to initiate the bond.
And voila, you're done.